The good times were certainly rolling at Stonebridge Place on Friday, February 17 when the Krewe de les Sagesse invited family and friends to witness the presentation of the krewe’s 2017 Court. Reigning over Krewe de les Sagesse this year are His Majesty William “Bill” Cookson, Her Majesty Dora Lee Hayes, Duke Wilbert Bourgeois, and Duchess Dorothy Henderson. Lots of fun, food, and dancing was the order of the evening with children and adults jitterbugging, twisting, and generally shaking it up. Queens from various pageants joined the party as well as the 12th Night Revelers, Sulphur mascot Derrick the Miner, Mayor Chris Duncan, emcee Jody Barrilleaux, and Stonebridge residents and their beloved family and friends. LA Dust was the perfect touch for entertainment, blending Cajun French music as well as country and older rock and roll.
SDN photos by Lisa Kennedy
- Man in critical condition after dog attack
- Expert warns of venomous caterpillars in Killeen area
- Red Hot 1966 Ford F-100 Flareside pickup!
- 4 former Minneapolis officers indicted on federal civil rights charges in Floyd's death
- Lofton, Jr. Invited to USA Basketball U19 Training Camp
- Simply the Best: States with the Best Drivers in 2021
- Tiffany Haddish and Billy Crystal's close bond
- Michael B. Jordan reveals Creed III filming plans for 2021
- In Westlake: More than 60 teams taking part in inaugural SWLA Veterans Association golf tournament
- Lindsey Buckingham never got 'closure' with Stevie Nicks